What we are looking for:
- Confidence:The confidence to make eye contact and strike up a conversation with strangers is absolutely essential.
- Ability to multitask: Juggle customers and their questions and needs, and at the same time attend to their other store duties.
- Patience: Dealing with people means that you will have to take the good with the bad. The patience to deal with all types of customers is vital.
- Respectful: Customers must be treated with respect, even in the most challenging situations.
- Proactive: Being one step ahead to gauge when someone needs help is the best way to minimize a brewing situation.
- Positivity: The ability to smile in the face of a long and possibly chaotic day can make a world of difference to customers.
- Empathy: Being able to look at a situation through the eyes of a customer is an extremely valuable skill that can enable you to provide the highest degree of service.